(NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS)
EEPSEA provides a limited number of awards, to cover the costs of fieldwork required for doctoral degree programs. The awards are open to nationals of EEPSEA member countries who intend to remain in or return to SE Asia following completion of their studies.
The awards cover the costs of fieldwork for up to one year, including one return economy class airfare. Requests for tuition or stipend during the fieldwork year will not be considered. Awardees will be eligible and in fact are encouraged to apply for subsequent EEPSEA research awards, after completing their studies and returning to work in SE Asia.
Applicants should submit the following documents to the EEPSEA Secretariat:
- a research proposal following the format described in the Guidelines for Research Proposals (PDF);
- CV of the applicant;
- a letter from the applicant describing:
- the applicant's career plans after completion of studies; and
- other sources of finance for the applicant's doctoral program (both financing already secured and applications pending);
- a confidential letter of recommendation from the applicant's thesis supervisor;
- an explanation of the status of the fieldwork proposal at the applicant's university (e.g., whether it has been approved by the thesis committee); and
- a transcript showing the applicants' courses and grades to date.