Links to other Environmental Economics sites
- Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE)
includes directory of environmental & resource economists in North America and a link to Journal of Environmental Economics & Management (JEEM)
- The Latin American and Caribbean Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (ALEAR)
- The Beijer International Institute of Ecological Economics, Sweden
- Beneficial Use Values Database (BUVD)
an informational database of economic values for beneficial uses of water collected by the University of California, Davis from a variety of sources, including scholarly journals, books, conference proceedings, government reports, and working paper series.
- Biodiversity Economics Website
this site is devoted to the economics of biodiversity. It aims to promote economic approaches to the conservation of nature by providing access to key documents, a calendar of events, and a database of practitioners around the world. Its jointly updated by IUCN and WWF.
- Center for Environmental Economics and Policy in Africa (CEEPA)
information on environmentally damaging subsidies.
- Eco Earth - The Environmental Sustainability Info Source
an information gateway empowering the movement for environmental sustainability.
- The Ecosystem Marketplace
a free information service on emerging markets for the goods and services of conserved land.
- Ecosystem Valuation
explains the concepts, methods and applications of ecosystem valuation in non-technical language.
- ENVALUE (Environmental Valuation Database)
free, searchable archive of environmental values for benefit transfer.
- Environmental Economics
a website and blog dedicated to accessible writings on environment and natural resource issues written by economists.
- Environmental Research Network Asia (ERNASIA)
a multi-disciplinary research program involving China, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Wageningen University in the Netherlands.
- Environmental Valuation Reference Inventory (EVRI)
- Environmental Valuation and Cost-Benefit Newsfeed
covers legal, academic, and regulatory developments pertaining to the valuation of environmental amenities and disamenities, such as clean air, trees, parks, congestion, and noise.
- European Association of Environmental and Research Economists (EAERE)
- European Tropical Forest Research Network (ETFRN)
- Experimental Economics
Glenn Harrison's archive of classic papers in this field, in PDF format.
- Forest Conservation Portal
a rainforest, forest and biodiversity conservation news and information.
- Global Change
online information on global environmental change, including information from online news services, new reports from government, NGOs and research institutes.
- Green Accounting Database
this UNEP database offers its users a compilation of key documents from governments, academic institutions, international organizations, NGOs and individuals environmental statistics and indicators. A summary of each document and, where possible, a link to its full text is provided (the text can be downloaded free of charge).
- Information Services: Royal Tropical Institute (KIT)
one of the world's largest collections of scientific & popular books and journals, articles and maps concerning developing countries: 250,000 titles, 18,000 periodicals and an on-line catalogue. One of their specialities is agriculture & environment.
- International Foundation for Science (IFS)
a research council with international operations and the mission to build the scientific capacity of developing countries in sciences related to the sustainable management of biological and water resources.
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
extensive information on international environmental treaties & negotiations.
- International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE)
includes large collection of course outlines.
- Journal of Ecosystems
a peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes original research articles as well as review articles in all areas of ecosystems.
- Journal of Environmental Sciences and Engineering
an international scholarly and peer-reviewed journal (print and online) published monthly by David Publishing Company, Chicago, IL, USA. The Journal is regularly published by China National Publication Import & Export Corporation on commission.
- Latin American and Caribbean Environmental Economics Program (LACEEP)
- National Ocean Economics Program's Non Market Values Portal
the first portal dedicated to compiling and organising bibliographic information on non-market valuation studies specific to coasts and oceans.
- The Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
an international public-private consortium coordinated by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Yale University, and leading science and technology publishers, enables developing countries to gain free access to one of the world's largest collections of environmental science literature.
- OECD Database on Policy Instruments
This database contains information on 900 environmental taxes, 290 environmental subsidies, 60 deposit-refund schemes and more, in 44 countries. Access is free of charge
- RESECON (Resource Economics List Server)
an electronic forum in which environmental and resource economists can post and receive information relevant to their work.
- Resources for the Future (RFF)
includes newsletters and extensive publications, some free and downloadable.
- South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE)
- Tata Energy Research Institute (TERI)
- Tom Tietenberg's Home Page
includes bibliography and papers on tradeable permits.
- UNEP Publications in Environmental Economics
- University of Gothenberg: Environmental Economics Unit
- University of York: Department of Environmental Economics and Environmental Management
- US Environmental Protection Agency
EPA's Economy & Environment Division has extensive links to environmental economics websites, EPA publications and more.
- ValuAsia: Southeast Asian Studies
free, searchable archive of Asian studies.
- Vietnamese Economics Network
resources for Vietnamese economists at home and abroad.
- Water Conserve
water conservation portal and search engine
- World Bank: Environmental Economics & Indicators
- World Bank: New Ideas in Pollution Regulation
includes E-newsletter; free, downloadable publications; large database (e.g. pollution abatement costs); and extensive, annotated links to pollution-related websites.
- Worldwatch Institute
- Writing for Change
An Interactive guide to effective writing, writing for science, and writing for advocacy.